Mission, Vision, Values
B’More Clubhouse empowers adults living with mental illness to lead meaningful and productive lives of their choice in the community.
We envision a world where people with mental illness have access to opportunity where self-actualization is supported and individuals are not defined by their illness.
The Clubhouse model is based on a philosophy containing four basic tenets:
- Everyone needs to feel connected to a community; thus the notion of membership is important.
- Everyone needs to know that they are expected someplace on a daily basis.
- Everyone needs to feel needed; that one’s presence is important to others.
- Everyone needs to believe there is at least one place on the planet where they are truly wanted.
Within these four tenets are three important beliefs:
- Work helps define who we are. Everyone deserves a chance at securing meaningful employment.
- Everyone deserves to live in an affordable, decent home.
- Adults should be engaged in age-appropriate social opportunities.